It’s important to identify a bat infestation on your property as soon as possible to avoid serious damage and contamination. If you suspect you have bats living in your Fort Worth home, knowing what their feces looks like can help you quickly confirm their presence. Here are some facts about invasive bats and their toxic droppings.
Facts About Bat Feces
Also known as guano, bat feces is:
- Small and dark in coloration
- About 1-3 cm in length or the size of a staple
- Mushy and soft when fresh
- Very crumbly and dusty white when dry
The Dangers and Damages of Bat Feces
Allowing bat feces to linger in your home can be dangerous not only to your home, but to your family’s health as well. Dried bat droppings can cause respiratory problems from the growth of histoplasmosis fungus. If ingested or inhaled, bat feces can be fatal. Roundworm is another health issue transmitted directly from bat feces. Bats are also common carriers of the rabies virus.
With all of the dangers that bats and their feces can pose to your safety, it is important to act fast and contact Critter Control® of Fort Worth for all your bat removal needs.
Our Legal Bat Removal Process
Many species of bat are protected by law in the United States, especially during bat maternity season; therefore, their removal must only be handled by wildlife professionals. At Critter Control® of Fort Worth, our licensed and trained bat removal technicians can ensure a safe and effective removal process that is in compliance with all state and federal wildlife exclusion laws. Our four-step bat exclusion method can effectively get bats out of your home and keep them out. Our process includes:
- Inspection – We begin by inspecting your property to identify the location and scale of your bat infestation.
- Exclusion – Our trained professionals will develop a plan to remove all unwanted bats from your home using one-way exclusion devices.
- Restoration – Once the bats have exited your property, our team of professionals will repair any damages left behind and sanitize any areas that were contaminated.
- Prevention – The final step is to ensure all entry points are sealed to keep bats from re-entering your home.
Effective Bat Removal Services Near You
At Critter Control® of Ft. Worth, we pride ourselves in using eco-friendly and humane methods of removal when it comes to unwanted pests inside your home or workplace. If you are dealing with a bat infestation, give us a call today at 817-222-1101 to schedule an inspection and receive a free bat removal estimate.