Rodents like rats, mice, and squirrels regularly invade the garages of residential Ft. Worth homes in search of food, water, and safe shelter from predators and harsh weather. Once inside your garage, rodents will quickly establish a nest and begin to breed. Unfortunately, their presence usually goes undetected until they have grown into a widespread infestation. Therefore, it is essential to deal with these invasive animals as soon as you notice signs of a rodent infestation
Rodent Removal and Prevention Tips
Here are a few ways to get rid of rodents in your garage.
- Seal off any possible entry points. Secure any spaces or gaps between your garage door threshold and the ground. Rodents can easily squeeze view these types of areas as safe spaces to stay warm and to enter inside your garage.
- Properly store food and seeds. Keep any stored pet food, bird seed, and grass seed tightly sealed while in your garage. Rodents are instinctively attracted to the smell of food and can easily chew through cloth or plastic bags.
- Keep your garage clean, clutter-free, and organized. Rodents enjoy small, warm spaces, and will conceal themselves within your clutter.
- Maintain your yard vegetation. Trim back any bushes, tree branches, or shrubs that rodents can use to access your home or hide within outside your garage.
- Keep your trash cans locked. To keep rodents out of your garbage, invest in trash cans with lockable lids and store them outside versus in the garage.
- Store firewood away from your garage. Rodents like to hide and nest in debris piles, so stack your fireplace logs outside and far from your home.
The Dangers of a Rodent Infestation
Rodents can infect you and your family with fatal diseases, such as hantavirus, leptospirosis, and rat-bite fever. The pests can also cause structural issues within your garage and home. However, dealing with rodents can be an extremely risky task to attempt on your own, which is why it’s best to leave their removal to licensed and trained wildlife removal experts. To protect your home and maintain a rodent-free garage, rely on professional rodent removal and prevention services.
Get Rid of Rodents with Critter Control® Ft. Worth
At Critter Control® Ft. Worth, our team of experienced rodent removal technicians will act fast to effectively rid your property of rodents. We also use eco-friendly and non-toxic rodent removal methods that are safe for humans and pets. To schedule an inspection and receive a free estimate for our rodent removal services, call us today at 817-222-1101.